I'm so lucky to have a Trader Joe's right in town, so needless to say, I stock up on "Two ($2.99) Buck Chuck" every now and then. I have also been on a Shiraz kick. I'm not a wine expert by any means, I've just been enjoying the flavor lately. It might help that T.J.'s has a very classy box o' Shiraz for $9.99... Anyhoo, here we go with my super easy, make-it-your-own sangria recipe:
- Begin with some sliced fruit-- a small orange, lemon, and some strawberries will do. Make sure to wash your fruit before slicing!!
- Toss the fruit in your pitcher (if using a large dispenser for a par-tayyy, just double everything)
- Pour the wine over the fruit, so it begins marinating right away.
- Add about 1/2 cup of pineapple coconut rum (or liquor of your choice--most traditional red sangrias use a few ounces of brandy)
- Top it off with about 3/4 cup of orange juice (pineapple juice works great, too!) and a splash of fruity seltzer for a little fizz.
- Stir it up gently, and serve over ice...umbrellas optional! Enjoy!
That's it--so easy, right? I get tons of compliments on this every time we host guests. There is never a drop leftover. Oh, and just a reminder, be careful opening your seltzer bottle. Mine exploded alllllllllllll over me and my living room while I was making this batch. Whoops!
What are your favorite sangria additions? I'm always looking for new ideas!
Thanks for reading and Enjoy!!