Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo!
In honor of the holiday (which I googled and found out it is much more celebrated here in the US than it is in Mexico, go figure),  I thought it would only be appropriate to share a festive drink with you.  This isn't my creation, in fact, I first had it yesterday at a new Mexican restaurant downtown, called Gringo's.  (yummmm!!) They call it a "Loaded Corona."  I call it pure brilliance.  These days I am all about tasty drinks without the fuss.  Don't get me wrong, I love mixing martinis and blending margaritas, but the prep and clean-up are a pain in my hiney! Anyhoo, this drink is fabulously simple.  You don't even need a glass.
Loaded Corona-
Step 1: open your Corona (or Corona Light)
Step 2: take a nice swig of cold Mexican beer goodness
Step 3: pour in about an ounce (or more, or less, depending on your preference) of citrus flavored vodka (we used Svedka)
Step 4: add a lime wedge
Step 5: drink (responsibly!)

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment